Sunday, 23 October 2011

My Blog - What is it about?

     Those who have had the distinct displeasure of having made my acquaintance can attest to the fact that I am not particularly loquacious. Some might even say I exemplify the schizoid personality type. They are not entirely wrong. I am introverted, taciturn and self effacing in the presence of most people. I strive to maintain an air of nonchalance, a veneer of respectability and carefully practiced facial expressions alternating between indifference and disinterest. It is not an actual response to the people around me but a conditioned reflex learnt after many incidents involving me saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. I swear I always end up with my gigantic foot in my mouth if I even try a normal conversation.


     So, I have avoided talking much resulting in people typecasting me as the quiet guy in the corner who studies well. If you ask people about me, I guarantee ninety percent of them would refer to me as a good student who is reserved and aloof. I don t spend all my time with my head buried in books. My family and close friends are probably the only ones who know that there is a lot more to me than that.



     I am a writer and have always felt more comfortable communicating through writing. This blog is partly an attempt to show the world a hitherto concealed part of me.  I have, what has been called, a wry abrasive sometimes witty sense of humour which has caused many a social f aux pas. This blog is also an outlet for such humour. I have opinions about everything under the sun. This blog will also chronicle some of those opinions and showcase my writing skills (or the lack thereof). I cannot promise an exceptionally high standard of writing or posts that will always be interesting. What I can promise is candour and a perspective that is totally original and completely mine. 
     
     I value opinions from all my readers (if there are any). Please feel free to comment on any aspect of any post. Ayn Rand wrote “When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”. If your opinion is contrary to mine, I may refuse to accept it but will nevertheless respect it. The only caveat is that your comments should not contain any words which can be construed as racist or bigoted. So, please keep your comments strictly PC.

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere.........
    from a fellow blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is a bit too green

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fellow blogger - Thank you
    @Other Anonymous reader - I like green, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have had serious doubts if your blog wasn't green. :)

    ReplyDelete